Information We Collect
We collect nonpublic, personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on membership and loan applications and other forms;
- Information about your transactions with others or us;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency and
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms, such as from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial business.
Information We Disclose
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services, which
may require that we share information about you with others to complete your transactions and provide you with a choice of products and services. In doing so, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as noted above. Accordingly, we may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic, personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on an application and other forms, such as your name, address, social security number and income.
- Information about your transactions with us to provide you with financial products and services, such as your account balances, payment history and credit card usage.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history.
||Our commitment to provide you with an array of competitive products and services is also a promise to give you choices in the products and services you receive. As a result, we may share nonpublic, personal information about you with our affiliates.
We may also disclose all the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf. To protect our members' privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not allow these companies to sell the member information we provide to other third parties.
Lastly, in order to conduct the business of the credit union, we may disclose nonpublic information about you as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, and follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
Disclosure of Information About Former Members
If you terminate your membership with 1st City Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic, personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic, personal information.